FROM PIFFETTI TO LADATTE 

FROM PIFFETTI TO LADATTE  Ten years of acquisitions at the Accorsi-Ometto Foundation
16th February - 3th June 2018

Opened to the public in 1999, the Accorsi-Ometto Museum of Decorative Arts is the result of the collecting passion of Pietro Accorsi and Giulio Ometto. Born in Turin in 1891, the first was one of the most important interior designers and antique dealers of the twentieth century. Following the example of collectors of the level of Werner Abegg and Giovanni Agnelli, Accorsi, from the early sixties, transformed himself from an art dealer into a collector, gathering in his residence on the hill of Turin, Villa Paola, masterpieces of furniture, such as the famous trumeau signed and dated "Pietro Piffetti 1738" and the trumeau entirely covered with majolica tiles from Pesaro, dated between 1760 and 1770. Extraordinary furniture that, after his death, were taken with the rest of the collection by Giulio Ometto in the building of via Po 55, site of the museum. President of the Foundation, in the last ten years he has increased the museum collections, first with his own donations, then with acquisitions aimed at completing the exhibition gaps and "bringing home" masterpieces of Piedmontese art who risked to finish abroad or to get lost in the maze of private collecting. Among these, the terracottas by Francesco Ladatte (Turin, 1706-1787), the sculptor of the kings of France and Sardinia, and the furniture by Pietro Piffetti (Turin, 1701-1777), author of some of the most celebrated masterpieces of cabinetmaking of the Baroque period.
Works that make only a small part of the objects entered into the museum and which, on this occasion, are exhibited in thematic areas: first the paintings, among which the two portraits by Giovanni Panealbo, representing Vittorio Amedeo III of Savoy and his daughter Maria Teresa, and the one of the princess Maria Luisa Gabriella of Savoy by the young Louis Michel Van Loo; then the Piedmontese furniture, among which the center table by Pietro Piffetti, dating about 1745, the "mazzarina" desk, in wood and ivory, of the beginning of the eighteenth century and the fine console of 1720-1730; then the exhibit continues with the sculptural groups, such as the enchanting Vendor of Cupids (La venditrice di Amorini) in Meissen biscuit of 1790-1800, the works of the French factory in Rue Fontaine au Roi (Puyat Period) or the sculptures by Ladatte, representing the Allegories of Autumn and Winter (Le Allegorie dell’Autunno e dell’Inverno) and the Triumph of the Virtue (il Trionfo della Virtù); to conclude with the French miniatures, representing elegant gentlemen and ladies of the nineteenth-century and a wunderkammer full of mounted objects, porcelains and silverware.
The Foundation has often supported very expensive acquisitions in respect of the wills of the founder who in life promoted decorative art, French and Piedmontese in particular, making his gallery and Villa Paola two essential points of reference for all passionates about this kind of figurative culture.
The purpose of this exhibition is to reveal the Accorsi-Ometto Foundation’s contribution made, in these years, to the city.

-----------------
OPENING HOURS
From Tuesday to Friday: 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.
Closed on Mondays
-----------------
TICKET PRICES

• Full price museum (including guided tour) + exhibition: € 14,00
• Reduction museum + exhibition:  € 12,00
(students untill 26 years old, people over 65 years old, groups and agreements)
• Only exhibition: € 8,00 ; Reduced price: € 6,00
• Free entrance for the owners of Museum Membership and Torino Piemonte Card, as well as for children up to 12 years old.
-----------------
Information:
tel. +39 011 837 688.3
info@fondazioneaccorsi-ometto.it

PHOTO GALLERY